Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easy Peasy Recipe pockets & cards

I had some older cards that I picked up in the $1 bin at Michaels and they have sat and sat in a bin just waiting for me to do something with. They were totally cute and I couldn't help but to buy them and so glad that I did because they totally made this project...

I used my handy dandy Purple Cows Laminator and placed a card in one of the 6x6 lamination sheets with the top of the card all the way to the edge so when it is laminated it would still open and create a pocket. Once laminated I embellished each pocket and have them ready for a recipe card when I attend a pot luck or share a recipe. I also laminated my recipe cards after I wrote down the recipe so they are easy to wipe off if I splash something on them. I am thinking about punching a small hole in the top left corner and putting them on an O ring and hang them from a t'cup hook on the side of my cabinet.

So I like to give things away so if you leave a comment by this Saturday the 24th I will add your name to my handy dandy hat and pull out a winner on Sunday morning. That winner will receive a set of these cards (un-laminated unless you want them laminated then let me know) with some matching ribbons and recipe cards. If you sign up to follow me (on the right sidebar) I will add your name to the hat twice.

Thanks for looking and I will be back tomorrow with some cards...

Pin It!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

These are soooo cute, and an awesome idea. I may have to use this idea ;)
I am already a follower :)

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

These are just super cute! what a great idea!! I just got a laminator so maybe I will try this project as well. Thanks for the inspiration!