Pages

Thursday, September 02, 2010

I adore the XL shapes from Clear Scraps

I love working with all of the XL shapes from Clear Scraps. Today I am sharing a layout that I did with the XL Deco Squares. They come 2 to a package with 2 different shapes. If you are wondering or looking for a different XL shape then Clear Scraps has got you covered. There are several different shape combinations for you to choose from. See XL SHAPES on the Clear Scraps Site for more choices.

Adore 1a

Products used:

Clear Scraps XL Deco Squares

Melissa Frances Pattern paper

Making Memories Pattern paper

Prima flowers & bling swirl

Petaloo flowers

My Little Shoebox mini purple alphas

Zig Paint Marker

Brown ink

Jenni Bowlin bingo card (I cut the top off and used it as my title)

MS butterfly punches

Here are a few Tips that I wrote down while I was doing this layout.

1. Using the Zig Paint Marker shake it up very well and just follow your edge. Go slow if you don't have a steady hand. It dries pretty quick which is nice.

2. While it's drying get your papers cut and trim your edges with your favorite decorative edge punch.

3. Ink all the edges of your papers.

4. Find some of your favorite embellishments that you have in your stash that will work with your papers. A lot of times I will just use what is left on my desk from a previous layout or project. A great way to use up those stragglers.

5. Build your layout on the XL Deco Acrylic shape with a strong adhesive. Remember the laws of gravity. A few of my favorites are Zip Dry and 3-in-1 which are both made by Beacon and are a wet adhesive. If you are a dry adhesive user Glue Arts High Tac works great.

6. The little black polka dot butterflies where punched from the package that the bling came in.

Thanks for looking,


Pin It!

3 comments:

VAWM said...

This is lovely Elisa! Thanks for all of the tips!

Dawn said...

Very cute. I really like the look of this on the clear scraps piece! How will you put this into an album, or will you make more pages and make a mini of it? :-)

Dawn

Zafran ali said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!Nice colors & image is so nice...
Plastic Cards Printing