I promised I would show you what I did to my leaf. So today is the day.
Alcohol inks (I used Terra Cotta Black and Metallic gold)
Leaf dye and embossing folder
1. Tear off some aluminum foil and crush it up a bit
2. Apply glue to scrap paper
3. Place aluminum foil on top of scrap piece of paper and smooth it out
4. Trim off extra aluminum foil and die cut your leaf from your paper and then emboss it
5. Shake Metallic Gold alcohol ink and apply a few drops directly to your leaf
6. Apply Terra Cotta alcohol ink to your Inking tool and start dabbing your leaf till it's covered with ink.
7. Apply a small dot of black alcohol ink to a new felt strip on your inking tool and dab in a couple spots and then switch back to felt strip with Terra Cotta alcohol ink and dab over black ink.
8. Continue dabbing your leaf letting the ink dry some and then dabbing it again. Once you get the look that your looking for set it aside and let it dry.
9. Use your leaf as an embellishment on a card.
I also did the same technique on a pumpkin.
If you are local to me I will be teaching a class using Aluminum foil and alcohol inks creating 5 different Christmas Cards at Lilas Scrapbooking in Everett. Here is a peek at 2 of those cards.
Class is Wednesday October 27th from 3-4:30 or 5-6:30 and repeats again on Friday October 29th