Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's all about Love...

With Valentines Day just around the corner I figured I would start showing some totally simple, easy and adorable Valentine cards. Now if you get the kits from The embellishment studio then you are totally in luck because you have most of this stuff in your hot little hands. hehe I used products from the eclectic and hodge podge kits.

See how simple this card is. I just cut out an image from some pattern paper. In this case it's from Luxe designs. Placed it on my card then took the rub-ons from the Hodge Podge kit and picked out a few and added them to the Journaling cards. Cut up some white ball fringe and black heart lace and added that. Took a few small K and co cushion hearts and it was done. Totally easy and way cute.

Now this card is even simpler and it's totally cute. I took the green journaling card in the eclectic kit sanded the edges and added it to my Bazzill which is cut 8x6. I took the left over pink journaling card from the card above and tore out a heart shape and adhered it to the bottom right corner of my card. Took the rub-ons from the Hodge Podge kit and added a few sentiments to it. Then I cut about 3-4 inches of the white ball fringe and added it across the heart. Totally simple, fast and perfect for Valentines day.

Now that I got yall making Valentines. lol ok ok maybe I didn't get ya making them but if you are you for sure have to enter the contest going on at The embellishment studio. It's a totally simple contest and you could get one of the fab kits from The embellishment studio to design with and you even get to pick what ever month you like. How fab is that? Ok so here's the info...

It's that time of year again when we all demonstrate our love for someone with a card!
Design cards that we love and you could win a Guest Designer spot on The Embellishment Studio! Smile The winner will be able to choose which kit/month they would like to be a Guest Designer!

Here are the rules:

    1) You must make FOUR (4) cards using only ONE (1) piece of cardstock, TWO (2) pieces of patterned paper, and THREE (3) embellishments of some kind (one of the embellishments MUST be ribbon and/or lace).

    2) You must also use your scraps from the cards to dress up your envelopes.

    3) Post your entries in the special Valentine's Day contest forum that will be set up in the gallery.

    3) The Embellishment Studio Design Team and Guest Designers are not eligible (sorry Ladies Wink ).

    4) Deadline for this contest is February 14th at 12AM

    There you go! Now, go and create!
So easy enough right? I can't wait to see all of your entries and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for looking and have a great day.

Pin It!

5 comments:

ScrapAloha said...

I love your cards!!! So easy but so elegant! Awesome job as usual! Thanks for linking me!!!
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Jenyfur said...

Look at these cards! I *LOVE* your work, Elisa.

lauren bergold said...

i'm with jen: you ROCK!!! (i soooo hope you KNOW that!) :)

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Too fun! Great job on the cards!!!

Casey Lu said...

Elisa, thanks for letting me know about this! I surely will give it a try. Great job on your cards they are very bright and cheery!